Monday 17 December 2012

Tis the season to be jolly..

There's something about this time of year that just makes me so happy. Maybe it's the crisp cool air, the fighting greenery, the warm open fires or perhaps just the festive cheer. I'm not sure what it is but there is a significant *something* that makes this time of year my favourite.



I'm not going to lie when I say that my grá for this time of year begins from the fifteenth of November-  my birthday. Because of the time of the year, I was never one to have big celebratory birthday parties. Mine were always low-key affairs- a trip to Jungle Jims, going to see Harry Potter with Deirdre or wrapping up in front of the fire and watching movies for the night with the obligatory chocolate cake. In my mind, simple pleasures.

Then the cold starts kicking in, the frost starts creeping up on you in the mornings, white dragons when you breath, getting to pull out the old mittens to keep yourself warm . . . I love it.

I love these. Any kind soul want to get me them as a Christmas present no?

I don't know about you but this time of year also makes me think back on the year I've had so far. The good parts, the bad parts, the days that made me laugh, the days made me want to cry and all those in between. It could be just the fact that it's the end of one year and the beginning of another but yes, it's definitely the most reflective time of year for me.

Two sides of the one coin: happiness and depression. But this year, happiness is prevailing and for that I'm very joyous.

(yet again I have no idea where this is going but sometimes a good olde ramble is good for you)

 Going to finish this with my FAVOURITE Christmas song ever. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment